Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We're Home!!!

Cora didn't have any allergic reactions to her first 3 medications that were administered last night. She even took her really nasty tasting steroid like a champ in chocolate milk. She slept very well last night and played all morning. Her blood counts were moving in the right direction and her vital signs were strong. To our surprise, the doctor came in this morning and said, "Everything looks good and she is reacting well so we aren't doing anything here that you can't do at home. So you can take her." I freaked out a little just because I was so nervous to be responsible for her at home and so scared of complications. After hours and hours of conversations with doctors, nurses, and the pharmacist, here we are. It is still nerve racking and we will have to go to the outpatient clinic every few days for injections and treatments. (Her first clinic treatment is Thursday at 11) We are only beginning this battle, but I feel hopeful and good about things at this point. We know all the prayers are working. Cora was so glad to be home. She just sorta waddled around all night with a smile on her face. (she has a stiff sore back from the marrow biopsy and a terribly swollen abdomen...that's why it was a waddle) When I put her in her bed she rolled and rolled around with a big grin and told me that her bed is so soft! She is already feeling better. Pray that we will be very accurate with her medications and really on top of any symptoms that might occur. PLEASE keep praying! We had more visitors and calls and cards again today! Our entire family is completely in awe of all the love and support we are receiving. We will get through this!!! Cora's so tough!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear the great news that you are home!!! Cora, you are an amazing little girl and so strong!!! Keep it up... we'll continue to pray for your strength and recovery daily.

Love,
Jen, Matt, Breckin & Kane Hare

josey said...

Hi Mandy,
I am also in awe because we are seeing our prayers answered on a daily basis. God is an awesome God and like I told you; I am already praying with thanksgiving knowing that God has an awesome plan for Cora... one that we cannot even imagine! I know God is hearing every prayer for your "little angel" and your family. He knows how much you all are loved and he hears all of our prayers. Mandy I know you are "nervous" about being home but I know you, and you are an awesome MOM. You will do what is best for Cora without a doubt. Just remember, if you need any help we are here for you...NO MATTER WHAT. Keep looking up and we will do the same. WE LOVE YOU, Josey

beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beth said...

Hey Mandy!
What a beautiful voice Cora has:) I am so happy y'all are home! My class and I pray for Cora every morning and I pray again for y'all before I go to bed. I shared Cora's story with my mom and a few ladies in our church;we will continue to pray!!
You are In His Hands,
Beth

Susan said...

Miss Cora,

I knew you were a strong princess. God is truly watching over you. Bev says that you are a brave little dumplin.
We love you bunches.
(Keep practicing your reindeer)
Hugs and Kisses to you.
Susan and Beverly Spinks

ginaburch said...

Mandy,
You will absolutely be able to do it--take it day by day, moment by moment.
Praying for you all!
Gina

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

tarajustice said...

Home, sweet, home!!! That's awesome. Take care and keep up the strong, hard work :)
Love
Tara Justice and family