Monday, November 17, 2008
Surgery Today
Last night was rough. She was really swollen and could not sleep. She tossed and turned and cried and it made mommy cry and no one got sleep. After some meds this morning and lots of wet diapers, the swelling is down and little and she was ready for surgery. Surgery went pretty well. They gave her drugs to make her light headed and sleepy with us in the holding area, but couldn't put her to sleep until they were in the OR. The drugs were to help ease with separation, but I'm telling you, this girl is so strong! The drugs didn't even knock her out or make her too tired. (The anesthesia nurse even said, "she is strong.") Which meant she was really sad when they had to take her to the OR without us. BUT...the procedure went well. No complications. She had her first injection of chemo and they checked her spinal fluid and found NO CANCER in her spinal fluid (praise God!) So we will continue with the iv chemo drugs through the port in her chest. Hopefully she will take her steroids orally so that we can go home by the end of the week. Today started bad, but ended fairly well considering. She didn't sleep last night or all day and is sleeping now. We are hoping for lots of sleep tonight. The next few days will just be the beginnings of chemo. Her hair will be gone in about five days, which makes mommy sad although I know it doesn't matter! I just hate that she will "look" sick! Hopefully as we move on to chemo phase 2 it will grow back in about six months! I love you all and so appreciate your prayers, cards, thoughts, and everything! SCPS has been so awesome! I loved the prayer request note that came home in Cade's folder! We are so loved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Mandy,
We are praying for you all and so glad Cora did well today. I will call and come by either Wed. or Thursday. Give Cora a hug. You and Rob are awesome parents.
Much Love,
Melissa
Mandy,
We have been keeping up with you all through this great blog. You are so on top of sharing information. You all have not left Jon and my thoughts and prayers. We are here to do WHATEVER we can to help. PLEASE take us up on our offer. We love you all and are here for you in any and every way. Take care and God bless.
Much love,
Middi & Jon
best wishes!
Mandy, I appreciate the update on your blog. Cora and your family have been in my prayers. Do not fear; your Father in heaven hears our prayers and sees your tears. He walks with you through this difficult journey.
Joyce Donaldson
Family -
You don't know me but I work for and am very close to Betsy, Bill, Trip and Melissa (Lotter) Franklin. As I don't have children of my own, I can only sympathize with the struggles you're are going through. Please know that strangers very much care, love you and will pray for your family and that this beautiful child makes the speedest recovery ever.
Although I know it's hard (very hard) but when it gets tough, turn it over to Him and let Him carry you for awhile.
In my prayers -
Teri Taylor
Mandy,
We are praying for you and your family during this very difficult time. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you or your family anytime. Jesse has been asking to come visit so I will try to reach you to schedule a time that is good for a visit. Until then know that you all are in our prayers.
Much Love,
Theresa Harrelson
oh mandy,
i just read your blog. i am so sorry for all you are going through-i know what a nightmare it is to have a sick child. it is the hardest thing in the world to trust God now, but i know He has great plans for sweet Cora. i will be praying fervently His strength and peace for your family.
love, gina
Post a Comment