Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Dinner Party

This was very impromptu, but yesterday afternoon Cora and I decided we'd surprise Daddy with a Valentine's Day dinner party. We spent no money and pulled it off beautifully! Our best dinner party ever!
first we pulled out everything pink and red and heartish that we could find and set up the dining room.
We made place cards with everyone's name in the center then wrote adjectives that describe that person all around his/her name.

Then we all got "dressed up" Cora interpreted this differently than Cade and I did and unfortunately for Clara, Cora "dressed her up!"

We even cooked in our matching heart aprons! Thanks, Gran!

Cade and Cora "dressed."

dinner's ready! no, they weren't drinking that pink wine!

(daddy was excused from the dressing up as he just came from practice) Now for our first Valentine game called who said it? where you draw a heart valentine from the basket and guess which famous person would write a valentine like that. We had one from Ariel and even Justin Bieber!

Next game...guess who's kissing you?????? it was fun until daddy made it really exciting!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

3 comments:

tara justice said...

you are too creative! love it!

Gran said...

I love this! I wish I could've seen it in person!

Laurie said...

cutest thing EVER! You win the best mom award - really! =)