I'm seriously, truly not sure what I'd do without my mommy friends! I LOVE my neighborhood and the people in it. It really does take a village (or a neighborhood) to raise a child. When I layed down last night to reflect on the day it amazed me how much juggling of children took place. Here's how the day went down on Isle of Hope...
Mommy #1 had to go out of town to her husband's grandmother's funeral. Mommy #2 and Mommy #3 each took 2 of Mommy #1's kids for the night. I met Mommy #4 in my driveway at 8:30 am where we kid swapped and I drove to preschool and Mommy #4 drove to big boy school. At preschool pick up time, Clara had just fallen asleep so I called Mommy #4 and asked her to grab Cora for me, which she gladly did. I picked Cade and 3 of Mommy #1's kids up from school at 3:30. I dropped one of Mommy #1's kids off at Mommy #3's house, and kept the other two. Cora had dance, so after a quick stop at Krispy Kreme for a nutritious after school snack, my three children, mommy #1's two children, and I went to dance where we met Mommy 5 who had her 2 children, plus Mommy #4's 2 children. The ballerinas went into dance which left us with 4 boys, baby Clara, and a 10 year old girl. Mommy #5 and I quickly figured out that 4 boys + a small dance watching area = trouble:, so.....Mommy #5 stayed at dance with the ballerina's and Mommy #1's 10 year old girl while I took Cade, Clara, Mommy #1's son, Mommy #4's son, and Mommy #5's son to the playground to "run some energy off!" After that we went back to dance where we swapped back kiddos (well, sorta Mommy #4's kids went home with their babysitter, and I had 2 of Mommy #1's kids still.) I took Mommy #1's kids back to Mommy #3's house to join their siblings so that I could take my crew to cheer daddy's team on at his first game. They lost :(. Then dinner, baths, homework, bed... And that was just one day! You know the saying "Behind every good man is a good woman." I agree, but I have an addendum to that saying. Behind every good man is a good woman, and behind her is a slew of great girlfriends to share the load and juggle the kids!
1 comment:
Amen sista.
Post a Comment