As we thought about it more, we were pretty sure Cade couldn't handle seeing his sister get one more ounce of attention from a crowd, so we didn't tell them. Rob stayed home with Cade and Clara Thursday night and I told Cora we were going to a "fancy girl's dinner." Of course Cade wanted no part of that. So I invited my friend, Laurie, to come with us. When we arrived to pick her up her little boy, Cora's boyfriend aka Marshall, was crying in the background begging his mommy not to leave without him. So she quickly redressed him and we made it a date! They had a ball together, Cora graciously received her award, Cade got daddy all to himself, and we got a free dinner out of it! You can't beat that!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Cora, The Philanthropist!
As her mother I am well aware that Cora wears many different hats. She has a wide variety of talents, personality traits, and you're never quite sure who you're going to get day to day. But until recently, I never recognized her as a "philanthropist!" But that's exactly the title she won last Thursday night. I got a call from a girl we know about two weeks ago letting me know that Cora was nominated for an award for philanthropy by The Savannah Association of Philanthropic Professionals. (who know that group even existed) Not only was she nominated, they voted, she was one of the two youth winners (the other being a 17 year old high school girl who does like 72 hours of community service per week), and she needed to be present at an awards dinner on Thursday night!!! I really had to laugh because yes, Cora has participated in MANY community events to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer. BUT come on...she's 4! Anyhow, we were very grateful for the nomination and award.
As we thought about it more, we were pretty sure Cade couldn't handle seeing his sister get one more ounce of attention from a crowd, so we didn't tell them. Rob stayed home with Cade and Clara Thursday night and I told Cora we were going to a "fancy girl's dinner." Of course Cade wanted no part of that. So I invited my friend, Laurie, to come with us. When we arrived to pick her up her little boy, Cora's boyfriend aka Marshall, was crying in the background begging his mommy not to leave without him. So she quickly redressed him and we made it a date! They had a ball together, Cora graciously received her award, Cade got daddy all to himself, and we got a free dinner out of it! You can't beat that!




As we thought about it more, we were pretty sure Cade couldn't handle seeing his sister get one more ounce of attention from a crowd, so we didn't tell them. Rob stayed home with Cade and Clara Thursday night and I told Cora we were going to a "fancy girl's dinner." Of course Cade wanted no part of that. So I invited my friend, Laurie, to come with us. When we arrived to pick her up her little boy, Cora's boyfriend aka Marshall, was crying in the background begging his mommy not to leave without him. So she quickly redressed him and we made it a date! They had a ball together, Cora graciously received her award, Cade got daddy all to himself, and we got a free dinner out of it! You can't beat that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment