Thursday, August 27, 2009

A "Do Over" for Thursday, please!

Well...I haven't blogged yet this week but this probably isn't a great day to do it! I am grumpy for 3 reasons!

#1 We have a wampus cat living in our pipes. To be totally honest, we're not sure it's a wampus cat, that's just what we call it because no one seems to have any explanation of what it might be. It's a LOUD annoying fog horn sound that comes from both of our bathrooms randomly and more frequently each day! We cannot trigger it to happen, but it happened literally EVERY 20 seconds last night all night long. And the minute I made an appointment with the plumber this afternoon, it stopped and has not yet returned. This sound is the creepiest most annoying thing ever. It has been on and off for a year, but has taken a turn for the worst in the last week or so. I've called millions of plumbers, two different companies have come, and we've checked the sewer lift out with the county to see if it could be related to that. No one can help, and I am annoyed. One lady even told me we may have a poltergeist. I guess the ghost busters are next on our call list, but one way or another I am going to sleep tonight! So if you live within a 60 mile radius and have a EXCELLENT plumber, give us his name. Meanwhile, I am planning on catching the wampus cat in action on video so I can show it to a plumber to prove our problem!

#2 I count insurance companies among the few things that I HATE! They rank right up there with lima beans and nails on the chalk board. They take up a lot of time, but get you no where!
No one has any answers, and it's always someone else's fault, problem, etc.

#3 My kids are not and will never be perfect. Actually, I don't expect perfect, but I'd settle for "sometimes approaching perfect." They are sweet and I wouldn't trade em for anything, but I just cannot understand why they don't just do what they are supposed to do. When I say, "pick up your toys." Just for once I'd like someone to politely without eye rolling, moans, or sighs say, "yes ma'am, mommy" and to follow through. Just once I'd like to take my daughter to visit her preschool classroom (which we did today) and for her attitude to be consistently friendly and sweet. I'd like to get through the visit without these roller coaster ups and downs, without her going boneless and screaming for no apparent reason. I dream of a visit where she doesn't lie on the floor and refuse to take her napkin to the trash can like the other children do. Just once I'd like my precious, smart, boy to come home from school and report that yes he did keep his hands, school supplies, and pencil grips to himself. Just once I'd like to not argue with him about why he has to take his pirate costume off before he gets in the shower (which was an argument I chose to not have...he showered in it.) Just once I'd like my children to sit on the couch next to each other and hold hands singing Kum Bi Ya instead of constantly torturing each other!

But then again....what's the fun in that. I wouldn't have anything to blog about! I honestly get the "a mother's job is never done" thing now. We've got a lot of work to do before I release them into the world. (at this rate they'll be 42!) They don't tell you about these kinds of days before you have kids. Oh well....there's always baby #3, I'm banking on this one as my "perfect child."

1 comment:

Tara Justice said...

omg girl, i was dying laughing at #3...i swear i feel the same way and totally understand!! xoxo