Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A-S-S

Bet that got your attention, huh???

Cade is now attending Isle of Hope Elementary, our neighborhood school. It has really gone very well thus far. He LOVES his teacher and so do I. She is so funny and quick witted! He is ,however, being introduced into the world of public school. Here's what he told me about school the other day.
(don't quote me on this story. i wasn't there. you'll get the gist of it anyway. I'd love to hear Mrs. R's version.)

Mommy "so what happened on the playground today?"
Cade "Lee (his cute friend who just traded schools with him) and I got to be like detectives at recess today."
Mommy "detectives, huh? did you play detective?"
Cade "no, we found this word written on the playground by the climbing wall and I thought it was the bad word so we went and told Mrs. R. Mrs. R said that we were like detectives to discover that word and that it was the letters A-S-S that stood for something. She said it stood for "ALWAYS STAY SAFE!" That's probably why it was written next to the climbing wall. We spent the rest of recess walking around looking for other letters to decode, but didn't find any."

now that's a quick thinkin' teacher!
Thank you Mrs. R for protecting our boys innocence for one more day!

1 comment:

Tara Justice said...

VERY quick thinking teacher. Love this story!!