Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Run Run As Fast As You Can!

Cora started PreK yesterday (which reminds me I need to post her first day of school pictures).
SHE LOVES IT! Her teacher told her that she even gives out treats for cute outfits, so I'm pretty sure they were made for each other! So yesterday her first priority was to gather hugs from her two teachers last year, and then to get in there and get a "good seat."

She had a great day today. At dinner she was retelling to daddy and Cade what they did at school.
Cora "Daddy, today at school we made gingerbread mans, like the real ones that are cookies. And we put them on a tray and took them to the oven. Then later when my teacher went to get them out she just opened the oven door and BOOM!!! they just all jumped right up and ran right out of the oven! "

We all giggle! Cade's eyerolling ensues. I'm no psychic, but I'm pretty sure he was thinking, "geez Cora, you really believe that crap?" Rob says, "Whoa! They jumped out? Where do you think they went?"

Cora continues "Well we looked and looked all over the whole school for them. We looked in the sancutuary, the offices, the closet, the baby classroom, and even outside. I couldn't even play at recess because I was too busy looking all over for those guys. I sorta even felt a little tear, I almost cried because I worked so hard on mine, we all did! But my teacher said that we'll probably find them tomorrow."

Cade thinks and then looks at me, "mama, where'd they really put those gingerbreads?"
I assured him that I had no knowledge of what happened to the gingerbread men.

Cade says, "Cora, is your teacher fat?"

Cora replies with a very firm, NO CADE!! (she thinks her teacher is beautiful)

Cade says, "You sure, Cora? I think maybe she just ate them!"

1 comment:

Mandi Gunn said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I LOVE your kids! I can't wait to hear Jeanie's reaction when she hears this story!!