Tuesday, August 31, 2010

National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. We are so grateful and thankful for all the many research and support organizations that have refined and improved treatment over the years. It's so hard to decide which organizations to support and contribute to because there are SO many that have done so much for us. This year we've decided to raise funds for The Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. We're participating in our local "Light The Night Walk" on Friday, October 15th at Forsyth Park. We will all walk with illuminated balloons to raise awareness for the cause. Cora will have a special white balloon because she IS A SURVIVOR!!! We decided to support LLS this year because treatment for Leukemia specifically has come so far in the last twenty years, BUT we know there's a long way to go! We want every patient with a leukemia diagnosis of any type to do as well as Cora has done.

So what I've decided to do this month on our blog is introduce you to some of our "cancer friends" who have a leukemia or lymphoma diagnoses. I figure all our friends and family know Cora's story so well they could retell it themselves, so I thought I'd share more stories of young survivors who have directly benefitted from advances in treatment! I can't wait for all of you to read about these awesome kids!!! If you'd like to join us in supporting LLS you can make a donation in the box to the right to for "Cora's Light The Night Walk" or you can register to walk with us at www.lightthenight.org We'd love to have some friends join us! It's a party in the park before and after the walk!!!

No comments: