Monday, August 9, 2010

Behavior Managment Plan

As summer nears its close, boredom has set in with my kiddos. They have been toted from one fun place to the next all summer long and that has slowed down, but we've still got a couple of weeks before school starts. They are tired of their zillions of toys, it's too hot for outside, and I am D-O-N-E letting them watch tv all afternoon! They fight nonstop and we've had enough "family time" for 2 years. So I've shifted gears. I felt like all I was doing was nagging and giving orders and they weren't responding, so I'm revising our "behavior management plan." (you can take the teacher out of the classroom, but you can't take the classroom out of the teacher.) I'm rereading a book I read a few years ago, How To Discipline your kids without losing their love and respect and trying to reward the good behaviors more than I punish the bad! And just between you and me, some days it's pretty tough to find things to reward Cora for! I just needed a good reward for her, I don't like rewarding her with food or toys, she doesn't really get the whole money thing yet, and there's not a privledge you can offer that will get that girl to clean her room, but I found it the one thing she'll do anything for....(paper crowns)
(yes, that says, "the trying really hard to follow directions award." She'll do almost anything for one of these crowns. If only I would have figured this out years ago!





look who else earned a crown!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Great idea! I amy have to steal it!

Susan said...

I meant may.