Today I am five months old! Mommy says she has a hard time even remembering life without me after five months. I don't mean to brag, but I am the sweetest, happiest, baby on Earth!!! I weigh about 14 pounds and I am in the 80th percentile for my length, 65th percentile for my weight, and 30th percentile for my head circumference. But people don't tell me I have a small head. Mommy and Daddy think I am perfect! I'm getting some baby chub that makes me that much cuter!
I can eat food now. I love bananas, apples, peas, prunes, squash, and carrots. I am not a sweet potato fan! They're the only baby food that I won't eat thus far. Feeding me is a bit of a trick because I have a really strong tongue thrust. It's a messy job, but I LOVE eating (just like the rest of my family!)! I love to be held sitting up to see what's going on. I can sit in my bumbo seat or between someone's legs. I roll all around on the floor, grab anything in front of me (I'm especially fond of hair and glasses), and smile and laugh any time Cade or Cora glance my direction. I'm really happy when I wake up in the morning or from naps, I grin ear to ear when mom comes to get me! I'm pretty much happy all the time as long as they feed me and give me enough sleep! I love to sleep with my pink blankie lovey and my pappy. I like to suck my index finger too, but mama's determined to hook me on a pappy and not my finger. (Cade still sucks his thumb, but don't tell anyone!) I'm starting to recognize mom and dad and realize when they hand me off. I will still go to strangers, but sometimes reach out for mom.
I may be young, but I've already learned that at our house the squeaky wheel gets the oil, so I'm making all kinds of cute cooey sounds. I go on these little tangents where I just goo and talk to anyone who will listen for like 10 minutes at a time. Mom thinks it's pretty cute. Sometimes I even talk myself to sleep! Pretty much I'm a sweet, happy, precious baby! My family's crazy about me! When we get back home mom will post lots of new pics of me!!! We're having a great time at Gran and Pop's house!
Love, Clara
No comments:
Post a Comment