Monday, April 5, 2010

Clara's 2 month update







A lot can happen in one month! Today I am two months old! I have changed so much! I now weigh 10 lbs. 1 ounce and have graduated up to the 38th percentile for my weight! We know my exact weight because we were at the doctor's office last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Over the course of the last month mommy thought I was experiencing some colic or reflux. I cry almost every time I am put down and go on huge crying binges in the early evening sometimes to the point I'm pretty much inconsolable. The only places I will sleep is next to mommy or in the baby bjorn on the front of mommy. To make a long story short, Cade and Cora had cold symptoms and ear pain for over 7 days so mommy took us to the doctor on Thursday. We never dreamed the one who would be the sickest was me! My right ear is severely infected and the doc thinks it may have been that way for a couple of weeks. I haven't run fever, but it sure does hurt. The doc was pretty suprised because tiny infants don't ususally get ear infections. Momma hates giving us antibiotics, but we had no choice. I had to get a shot of rocephin on Thurs, and another one on Friday, and as of Saturday my ear had still shown no improvement. Dr. S thinks maybe it's viral, so we're waiting a week and then rechecking. Hopefully it will be better by then! In the mean time, mom and dad are much more sympathetic with my fussing knowing how bad my ear is.
Moving along to my progress... I can SMILE and sometimes even laugh a little. I have a huge smile and it's infectious and mom even thinks she got a glimpse of a dimple on my right cheek the other day. My favorite thing is baths. I love them, except the getting out part. I am definitely a mover and a shaker. Unless I am sleeping, I'm never still. I'm always wiggly and kicking my feet and waving my arms around. It makes it sorta tricky to hold me. I am beginning to reach for objects in front of me and even pull my pacifer out by accident sometimes. When I can find them, I'm much happier sucking my fingers anyway.

I am eating much better. I have learned to eat from a bottle without spitting all the milk out. Mom's still pumping the bottles like crazy. She's determined to give me a strong immune system, but from the looks of my ear, I'm not sure it's working.

I am growing and changing every day. Hopefully once we get this ear thing sorted out I'll be much happier.
Have a happy April!
Love, Clara








1 comment:

Tara Justice said...

Clara, you look just like your big brother :)