Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A 2 Cora Quote Day

Yesterday I thought these two things that came out of Cora's mouth were enlightening!
#1
Cora and I were sitting in the car in the parking lot of her school getting ready to go in.
Mama: Let's go in and use the potty and then we'll go to your classroom.
Cora: I don't have to go potty.
Mama: Yes, but let's try because I don't want you to have an accident and we forgot to try at home.
Cora: (emphatically as if I'm beginning to annoy her) I DO NOT HAVE TO GO POTTY!
Mama: (just as emphatically) We're going to try!
Cora: (With hands on hips and the attitude of a 15 year old who has just gotten her cell phone taken away!) You just don't know anything about my hiney!!!!

#2
Rob was playing Simon Says with the kids while I was in the kitchen listening. Rob kept saying things like "Simon says put your right hand in the air. Simon says put your left hand on your head." Cade mixed up his right and left a few times, but Cora kept getting them right. (pure luck, I'm sure!)
Rob: Do you see Cora in here? She's getting her left and right correct every time.
Mama: Wow, Cora how do you know your right and left so well.
Cora: (shrugs her shoulders as and puts her hands up as if to say "who knows") I just have magic in my body!

ok, cora!