Friday, March 5, 2010

Clara's 1 Month Update



In an effort to not short change the third child, Clara will be updating on the 5th of each month on her growth and progress!!! Here it is!
Hello Everyone! I am officially one month old today, and what a month it's been! I was having a bit of trouble gaining weight the past few weeks, but mommy and daddy have been feeding, feeding, feeding in order to plump me up a bit! Today we visited Dr. Stone and their hard work is paying off! I weighed in at 8 lbs. 3 oz, that's up 7 ounces in 7 days!!! I have grown one whole inch, I am now 21 inches long. I am in the 51st percentile for length and the 25th for weight, but hopefully those will continue to even out as I continue to gain! I am getting pretty strong! I have more control of my head each day. I am drinking about 3 ounces of milk every 3 hours. I am starting to be more alert during my wake times. Today mommy even got a small smile out of me just by chance. People always comment on how alert and mature my little face looks for a one month old. Everyone already tells me I look like my siblings, especially Cade.

Mom and Dad say I'm a pretty good baby. If I fuss it's because I am tired, hungry, or stinky! There's no mystery to me. I'm easy to figure out. I'm also really snuggly and love to be held tight and cuddled. Mom hopes I stay that way!

Just this week mommy has taken me some really fun places. Yesterday I went to story time at the library and Cora wanted to hold me on her lap to do the rhymes and finger plays with me. Then today I went to Cade's school as his "show and tell." His classmates were very respectful and looked from a distance at me without touching. They thought I was pretty cute! I am so glad I've got such a great big sister and brother to keep me busy! Mommy just hopes I don't wind up spending my life in my carseat running them around. That's all for now! Hopefully next month's update I will have a few new skills to share!




Love, Clara

1 comment:

Tara Justice said...

how sweet! she is so pretty :)