Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday, Cade

I'm not sure how on earth it's been 8 years, but we've gone from this

to this

This year when we began to talk about how to celebrate Cade's birthday he said, "Mommy, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but this year can I just invite a few friends to spend the night and will you buy me a cookie cake from Sams?"
I was shocked!!! Hurt my feelings??? I haven't thrown extravagant parties for the last seven years for myself, or have I? You didn't have to twist my arm to talk me into that one. So, we invited 3 boys, bought an extra large cookie cake from Sams, got them pizza, and took them bowling! They had a ball! Only one ended up spending the night. Easiest. birthday. ever! Plus, he had a ball!



Then last night we slept in the tent in the backyard and roasted marshmallows. A perfect birthday weekend for our sweet boy! Happy Birthday, Bigsie!

2 comments:

Gran said...

Happy Birthday big boy! I love you,

erik and kristi said...

Happy Birthday, buddy!!

p.s. Is that Cora with the skinny jeans and long hair?!?!