Friday, April 15, 2011

The Grivances of a Third Child (Part I)

Welcome to the newest section of our blog! The part where you hear how terribly difficult it can be to be a third child (my third child anyway)!

Dinner preparation at our house is a nightmare, especially in the springtime! Rob isn't home until 7 or later so the parent kid ratio is 1:3 and unless the one is an octopus, it's never pretty. Cade is grumbling about homework, Cora is stringing out every piece of clothing from her bedroom all over the house, and Clara is hanging on my leg as I cook crying because she's hungry. So lately I've started dinner, popped things in to cook or started them boiling, put the kids in the tub/shower, scrubbed Clara down and taken her out, then let the other two wash themselves and get dressed. It works OK, at least they are busy doing something constructive. Clara often plays on the bathroom floor with the toys while the other two finish their baths. She's distracted.

Last week, it backfired! I got dinner started. I loaded them all 3 in the tub together to be really quick! I washed Clara, pulled her out, and put her in her Pjs, then left her to roam the house. I went back to the kitchen to check the food. After only a few minutes ear piercing screams came from the bathroom! Cade and Cora are hysterical! I run in there to find Clara, in full pj's head first into a full bathtub of water! Lucky for us, Cade's mad water skills paid off and he pulled her out!

poor clara

No comments: