That is the number of days this week that we have been to some sort of doctor's office. no. joke! I was at a birthday party last weekend with Cade and Cora (Clara was home sick!) and some mom's were sitting around talking about how they NEVER have to take their kids to the doctor except for well visits! Several of them all began to nod in agreement and talk about how once when little Johnny was 2 he had a cold and nothing since. This was a conversation I quickly dismissed myself from without a word. I instead joined the conversation on online shopping, something else I don't do much, but I could relate to that much more than NEVER taking kids to the doctor. I honestly thought when Cora was done with treatment our doctor visits would cease or at least come less frequently. W-R-O-N-G!!! This fall/winter/spring has been rough on my gang and I'm not sure why. I'm totally freaked out by germs of every kind! After school I put each of them through a 3 step germ removal process. When other children enter our house, I am the crazy mom that sends them straight to the bathroom to wash their hands. We don't even drive past Chuck E. Cheese!! We eat relatively healthy and don't eat any fast food, so why are my children weird germ magnets??? My theory is because there are 3 of them and they just pass things around their little sibling triangle and things manifest differently on one than another. Within the past month we've had a ruptured ear drum, triple stomach bug (Part 1- the throwing up version), a UTI, herpangina (and just so you don't think I'm making that up- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpangina), an undiagnosed itchy scalp disorder, triple stomach bug (Part 2- the "we won't talk about it" version), an MRI that revealed major cartilage loss in the knee (this was me and yes, it means I'm old!) and a major head trauma today on the school playground! This is my life!!! Jealous, anyone?
But remember, I'm not complaining, only informing you. If it doesn't require chemotherapy I won't complain about it. I'm just telling you that I should be a professional take-kid-to-the-doctors-office lady. I know all the waiting room tricks and doctor lingo! Is there a market for that?
No comments:
Post a Comment