![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Disney Trip
We just got back from a very fun filled 6 days in Orlando. Cora was granted a "Make-A-Wish" wish. Her wish of course had something to do with princesses. I felt a little strange about the trip at first because I thought Make-A-Wish was for kids who were deemed terminal and Cora didn't fit in that category. After speaking with Make A Wish they informed me that all children with a cancer diagnosis or any other long term illness or handicap were candidates. I had a conversation with a good friend who put it a really good way, she said, "it's really not about the prognosis, but rather the treatment. These little ones miss out on lots of things that other kids don't and need to be rewarded in some way." It really was great for all of us. We stayed at Give Kids The World Village which is to me a small glimpse of heaven on Earth. This place had everything a kid (or parent) could ever dream of, it was run completely by volunteers, and 100% free of charge. There were kids there will all kinds and ranges of diseases and handicaps, but not once was it mentioned by anyone. You didn't need to know what was wrong with them, because it didn't matter. They were all kids, there to have fun. It really humbled us and made us feel very fortunate for both of our kids. We were spoiled and served all week long and we hope that one day when the kids are older we can go back and spoil and serve other families. I think this week taught our kids things we never could have taught them without this place! We took so many pictures that I put them into a slide show. So get comfy for all 178 pictures!!!! (pause the music on the side of the blog so you can hear the slideshow music)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
WOW! Pop Pop & I really feel like we were there. We LOVED the slide show & can't wait to see you guys and all your pictures & souvenirs when we come next week. We love you all.
That looks SO fabulous! I'm so glad Cora had the opportunity to experience such a loving and FUN place!
What a great experience. Cora and your entire family deserved and earned that trip, for sure! *hugs*
Post a Comment