Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Backus Mural

So I have this new friend who is awesome who was introduced to me by another friend who is awesome too, but anyway, this new friend is an artist. She paints murals, mostly of kids. And it's very ironic that at about the time I met her she was starting a huge mural in the lobby of Backus Children's Hospital aka Cora's "clinic". Her name is Morgan Webb. Check out her website www.morganwebbfineart.com. She uses the faces of kids she knows in her murals and asked if it would be OK if she used Cade and Cora. OK...of course it would be OK!!! It would be great! So each time we visit the clinic Cora and I have been checking in on this "super mural" and watching it progress! It's so colorful, life like, and amazing! She has finished my kids and they look so much like them, it's uncanny! I just wanted to share! What a fun mark to leave on Backus Children's Hospital. We know this mural will be there lots longer than we will!



Oh by the way, I forgot to mention, not once did I tell Morgan to paint Cade as a pirate and Cora as a princess. She met them once and totally "got" them! Aren't they great? The big girl leading the horse in the painting of Cora is Cora's big girl friend Emma. Who she calls "my emma" and adores! That makes it that much better for her! I am not sure how I got lucky enough to have all these talented friends who can paint, smock, monogram, decorate, photograph, and everything else under the sun. I have been searching for my hidden talent for 32 years to no avail, maybe it's landing great and talented friends. I am definitely a "jack of all trades, master of none!!!"

*ps i have no clue why the pictures are turing out so small...one more thing I have not yet mastered, the computer! I'll post larger ones later!

2 comments:

Tara Justice said...

I think your mastery trade is motherhood!! :) love the mural -- how cool

Unknown said...

Tara,
You're so so sweet, but I definitely don't have motherhood mastered, not even close! Let me know if you get it before I do!
:) Mandy