Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Movin on up!
Well, we just got Cora's counts today after her Monday visit. (The hospitals computers were down--talk about a problem!) And as I expected, they are creeping upward! Yay! ANC was around 700, not ready for the mall softplay, but good enough to get out a little. We begin "maintenance chemo" on Tuesday. She actually has to have a lumbar puncture and they are short on anesthesiologists at the clinic so we have to do it inpatient at the hospital. Yuck! Dr. Johnston went over maintenance chemo and it sounds like once we can get her ANC holding around 1500 we can only do clinic once a month! YAY! I love the clinic and all, but this sounds like a dream to me. We may have to go every other week just to get counts checked. She will be taking oral meds daily. He said her hair will begin to grow back soon, although it will look raggedy for awhile. As long as we can keep her well and fever free I think the worst is behind us! YAY again! He also told me she will finish chemo around January of 2011. That seems light years away. She will be 4.5, but at least there is light. Please continue to pray that her counts will stay up and that she will NEVER relapse! We NEVER want to repeat the last 6 months again! Overall, she feels great! In fact, the last few weeks this girl is spunkier than ever! In to everything! The girl requires less sleep than anyone else in the house! She TRULY wears me out! She's a mover, a shaker, a destroyer, and a fighter! I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We can't wait for a visit from you guys! Love, Gran & Pop Pop
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!! I am also guessing Olivia the Pig is one of her personal favorites...Love you all! MJ and kids
So happy to hear such a positive report!! We will continue praying!!
Mandy! That is such good news. Praying, praying, praying!! You are amazing.
Mandy, you and that silly little girl of yours are an inspiration! I am SO glad I found your blog... you make me smile, laugh, and cry. God's using you in ways you don't even know. :)
Post a Comment