Hooray! Yesterday we went to the clinc and Cora's counts were great! Sky high! So she went to Memorial today for her first maintenance round of chemo. She had a lumbar puncture and vincristine. Because the clinic is a little short staffed for anesthesia, we had to go to the hospital. Just being at a new place caused all sorts of drama for Cora, but we got through it! We will start all her new medication tonight including 5 days of the dreaded chocolate medicine (STEROID!), so I am sure in a few days our "steroid Cora" will be here. But no more chemo for a month! HOORAY! We go to the clinic in two weeks to check counts, but between now and then we are even going to go to Indiana to visit Gran and Pop for a few days! The kids are thrilled to go out of town! That is normal! We love normal!
On a sad note, I got a call from a girl that works at SCPS with me last night. Her next door neighbor who is 6 was diagnosed with AML (the other leukemia) on Saturday. Since Cora and I were at the hospital today we popped in to meet this sweet boy and his mom. He was in the same hospital room that Cora was in upon diagnosis and just walking in that room brought tears to my eyes. This little guy is precious. His name is Braden and he is really a sick little boy so please just keep him and his family in your prayers! They'd appreciate it!
1 comment:
Hi, Mandy,
I'm glad you are visiting Newburgh and letting those grandparents "love" on Cade and Cora. I wish we were there to meet you, but we are on vacation. Maybe we will see you on your next trip home. Hooray for Maintenance. That's an accomplishment! Keep up the good work, Mom.
Heather
Post a Comment