As you know, Saturday was the Care For Cora Run at SCPS. The weather was perfect, we had a fabulous turn out, no injuries (that I am aware of), and just an overall loving, caring, fun atmosphere! This event totally exceeded my expectations! A team of my friends lead by Stacie New (and Sally Hutton) planned this event just for us. We can't even express our gratitude enough! The tiny little details (tiaras, wands, t-shirts, mile markers) were what made it so special and unique. We love our friends so much and couldn't fight cancer with Cora without them! My prayer is that every family who has to experience childhood cancer will have a support system as strong as ours. It is so critical. We were so worried about how we were going to pay for all of this when Cora was first diagnosed, but God is providing for us through the use of our friends. We are so grateful! There were so many great pictures that I couldn't choose. So I am posting a slideshow of them. BUT....the grand total raised for Cora's Medical Fund and CURE Childhood Cancer was...
No comments:
Post a Comment