Monday, April 6, 2009

Things I Don't Like.....by mommy

1. chocolate medicine - that's the steroids that make my little girl mean and bloated that she had to start taking again today.

2. temper tantrums like the one Cora threw at the clinic today.

3. shots - like the ones Cora has to get this Thursday at the clinic

4. strong medicines that can weaken your heart and make your hair fall out and color you pee pee pink. Cora had a new one of these for the first time today.

5. cancer- it stinks for little girls like Cora, for sweet men like the one we met today at the pharmacy who has it in his throat, and for precious young mommies like our friend Dianne who had a bone marrow transplant yesterday

6. Delayed Intensification- our current chemo phase that includes LOTS of medicines and trips to the clinic!!!!

THINGS I DO LIKE

1. Ms. Theresa and Ms. Melissa, the world's two best oncology nurses

2. The research that has figured out the tricky and complicated combo of drugs that can heal very sick little girls.

3. Nice doctors that are very thorough!

4. The fact that we are 50 days from Maintanence chemo!!! Hooray!!!

5. Helpful friends.

6. A God that hears our prayers!

2 comments:

Tara Justice said...

bless your heart! I know the steroids are awful for her (and you!). xoxo

Amy said...

THANK GOD for answered prayers!! I believe he will answer ours on Cora's behalf! Hang in there!