Monday, April 13, 2009

Grocery Store Chat

Clinic was fine today. Cora's ANC is sky high (which is great) and she got her vincristine and doxyrubin through her port. We like uneventful visits!

My highlight of today was the chat we had as we were checking out in the grocery store line. This is what I love most about having kids. It went something like this...

Cora: I love that pink balloon. I want Aunt Lauren to buy me that pink balloon for my birthday.

Mommy: OK, we will tell Aunt Lauren to buy you that pink balloon on July 10th.

Cora: Can I have a cell phone?

Mommy: WHAT? No way, you can't have a cell phone until you can pay for it yourself!

Cora: When I grow up can I drive a car?

Mommy: Sure you can, you need to tell your daddy that you want him to buy you a car when you grow up.

Cora: I will tell him I want a hot pink car!

Mommy: That will be pretty!

Cora: Can I be a cowgirl when I grow up?

Mommy: Sure, baby, you can be anything you want. You can be a cowgirl, a ballerina, a princess, a nurse, a doctor, a teacher, whatever you want.

Cora: I just want to be a cowgirl and a houselady.

Mommy: What does a houselady do?

Cora: She just cleans stuff and folds stuff and cooks stuff.

Mommy: Is mommy a houselady?

Cora: (emphatically, as if to say duh) YES, you are a houselady and daddy is a houseboy. Houseboys cut down trees.

:)

2 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE it! Makes me smile! Hope to meet little Cora and chat with her someday!

Kim said...

wow, I am a houselady AND a houseboy! You CAN be anything you want. :)