Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sweetness

This is what made me cry today.


It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen in my life. The director of Cora's former school called and said that she had something for Cora. I picked it up today. It was an envelope from a little girl who we don't know and she doesn't know us. Her name is Raiyan. She is six (I think). She doesn't even go to SCPS, but her little sister does and they have been following Cora's blog since diagnosis. They pray for Cora. Raiyan had a birthday party and decided that she didn't need any presents. In lieu of gifts her friends gave her checks to Cora's Medical Fund. She made Cora a card and there was a card from this precious family as well. I am in awe of this little girl's generosity. What kid gives up birthday gifts to help someone else??? This speaks volumes of the kind of family she comes from. I pray that one day Cora will have a heart that is this generous. I feel so guilty taking these checks. We are going to try to find a special way to show this little girl how grateful we are. Raiyan, we will be sure that your birthday money gets put to work. Our prayer is that we won't need to use it and can bless another family with it the way you have blessed us! Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Tara Justice said...

Wow....now that is the sweetest thing I have EVER heard. Bless her heart. So amazing :)