Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Cora liked the candy more than the eggs! Steroids + Easter Candy = a disaster!A picture of our picture with the mall bunny. I paid like $25.00 for a mediocre 5x7 just cause I haven't missed one in six years.

Cade searching high and low.

Leia even got in on the egg dying action.



Cade with a mouth full of boiled egg and Cora and their lovely eggs!





We were able to make it to the Church Easter Egg Hunt yesterday. I was sorta germaphobic and scared to take Cora, but her counts are really high and she was dying to see Easter Bunny! We got there 10 minutes early so she could be the first one to see Easter Bunny before he got all germed up by other kids. She loves "Easter Bunny." They're on a first name basis. So that was fun. But she just isn't ready for the one on one contact of the church 2 year old Sunday School class (well, nervous mama doesn't think she's ready) so the plan was to go to an IOH sunrise service at the Marina. It didn't pan out. Cora had a sick tummy all night and Cade was up way late Saturday night. I can't believe I didn't go to church on Easter. I think it's the first time in my life. It was weird. We will make up for it next year. But, it was a good day. We took a long walk, hunted lots of eggs, ate ham, and planted 90 bulbs in the yard. Cora's belly is still a little sick. We go back to clinic tomorrow. Hopefully in addition to chemo they will load her up on fluids if she needs them! Happy Easter!

1 comment:

ginaburch said...

ugh, i know just what you mean. i haven't been to church in forever and when i go, i feel like it's a race to get in and out. i, like you, keep reminding myself this is just a season. happy easter!!