Thursday, April 9, 2009

AHHHHHHH!

If you live in the 912 area code and you heard screaming last night around 8 pm, it was us from the ER! I mean we are a disaster! Cora started her steroid again on Monday along with a couple of preventative meds. She has felt awful ever since. She just constantly says ,"mama I don't feel good." She has no energy and sometimes just acts like she is drugged. She'll be walking and just lie down on the floor in the middle of the kitchen, yesterday she insisted that her eyes were bleeding (which they weren't), she's extremely tired, and then the icing on the cake was when she begged me to go to be at 6pm last night after only being awake from her nap for an hour. Then I picked her up, she threw up everywhere and started falling asleep and waking up on and off in my arms. It was almost like she was passing out. SO...I called the doc on call who thinking I could confirm dosages on the meds with him and he would reassure me that it was the drugs. Wrong! He said,"get her to the ER immediately, how fast can you be there?, I will call and tell them you are on the way." Those are not words you say to an already crazy mommy! Daddy was at a baseball game and Cade and Cora were already pj'd up for bed. I start yelling for Cade to get in the car and he hollers something about shoes. To which I replied, "forget the shoes!" So we run into the ER and Cade is freaking out that he has no shoes on! I am trying to keep Cora awake in the meantime. To make a long story short...(well, its already not short, but shorter) Aunt Lauren comes for Cade, Daddy arrives, poor Cora gets blood tests, x-rays, and everything else you can imagine to find that it's nothing but a little dehydration. Everything checked out fine, they put some fluids in her, and she seemed a little better this morning. We had to go back to the clinic for an injection of chemo in the thigh. Poor Cora! She's like a pin cushion. My heart was breaking for her last night. Poor Cade, spring break is spent being dragged from one appointment to the next. But we are so thankful it wasn't anything too serious. We are not scheduled for clinic again until Monday, so we are tentatively planning some fun for the next few days.

2 comments:

Tara Justice said...

omg, girl...that is wild. I'm glad everything turned out to be somewhat okay. I would have freaked out too! Hang in there :) xoxo

Jackie Wetmore said...

SOOOO sorry you had such a rough time! I cannot imagine! So glad though that Cora is ok [and Cade has his shoes :)] We keep you in our prayers! Hope the rest of Spring Break is uneventful and relaxing!! Love you guys!