Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cranky for Chemo

Well, today we went for chemo and the day started off crazy. Cora threw a royal tantrum about getting dressed this morning, Cade was late to school, and Cora screamed at her favorite nurse! I mean screamed, "No don't do that! I'm leaving!"
Finally we coaxed out of her what the problem was, she was very scared that she had to have a shot today. The double injection last week was traumatic. Luckily, no shots were on the agenda for today. She seemed a little better after we promised, no shots today! So her ANC was good 2500, she got vincristine and methotrexate through her port, and 3.5 hours later we were home. Pretty routine and uneventful, which we like! We get the week off from clinic next week and then on Monday March
9th she will have to have to be put to sleep to do chemo in the spine. Mommy hates that one! I hate anything where she has to be put to sleep and starve! Hopefully it will be uneventful as well.

Going to the clinic just makes me realize how blessed we are. I cannot even tell you how wonderful these nurses and doctors are. They are perfect for the jobs they do, and I can't think of a more important job in the world. I also see so many families whose situations are not as good as ours is. I feel so much for the newly diagnosed families who are feeling the same way we were a couple of months ago. It is so hard. As I was reminded by a friend the other day, if every one's problems were written down and put into a giant jar, I wouldn't want to trade mine for someone else's problems. I am thankful my family, my friends, and each day we have together!

1 comment:

Kim said...

"I was reminded by a friend the other day, if every one's problems were written down and put into a giant jar, I wouldn't want to trade mine for someone else's problems. I am thankful my family, my friends, and each day we have together! "

Mandy, you are truly my hero.