Tuesday, August 7, 2012

10 inches off for Locks of Love

I love Cora's hair. The post chemo curls have continued to make the bottom of her hair so pretty even as the top grows out straight. It's fun to fix and I never wanted to cut those curls. But it had gotten, SO long and tangly. I mentioned cutting it several times and she resisted! I quit pushing, because she really did work hard for that hair and I understand not wanting to part with it! As summer wore on, the hair because increasingly hard to deal with. A few days ago I showed Cora the Locks of Love website, and she was sold! So yesterday we went and got 10 INCHES cut off of her beautiful hair! Today we popped that ponytail in the mail for Locks of Love and she feels and looks great about it! So proud of her!
                                                                     Before

                                                           the cutting of the ponytail....bye bye chemo curls!

                                                           looking so grown up and ready for first grade!
                  

1 comment:

erik and kristi said...

Beautiful - hair & story!!

p.s. She looks even more like you with that short hair. :)