Picture this: Cade has a bunk bed with a full mattress on the bottom and a twin on top. Cora sleeps in his room every night either on the top bunk, or on the bottom with Cade. I'm not even sure why she has a bed in her room, but I know they won't always want to do this, so for now, we're going with it. Last night prior to bed, Cora was extremely tired and extremely grouchy. Here's how it went.
Cade: Hey Cora, you want to sleep on the bottom with me so I can read you a chapter of this book?
Cora: OK, but I get to sleep by the wall. (that's the coveted spot)
Cade: You slept by the wall last night and the night before that.
Me: He's right Cora, it's his turn. It is HIS bed.
Cora: flipping out! NOOO! Let's flip a coin to see who sleeps there.
Me: No, (Cade stops me)
Cade: That's fine, mommy. We can flip a coin.
Cora: OK, if it's tails then I sleep by the wall because your tail is on your back side and the wall is the back side of the bed!
Cade tossed the coin and says, "heads! I sleep by the wall."
Cora freaks out: No wait! I didn't tell you to flip it yet. I hadn't for sure decided I wanted tails!
Me: Ok, Cora, enough! You've called all the shots here and Cade just won fair and square, he's sleeping by the wall!
Cora: You're being so mean to me, mommy!!! Fine then, I'm not sleeping on the bottom, Cade!!!
Cade (desperately wanting to read to her despite the abuse she's throwing at him) It's fine, mommy. She can sleep there, I don't really care that much!
Me (sternly): Cora, you're being very difficult. What can you say to Cade? He's being so sweet to you.
Cora thinks quietly and looks at me bewildered, "I'm not sure if it's thank you or I'm sorry???"
Cade and I burst into laughter!
She then began into a new tantrum because we were laughing at her! :)
1 comment:
love the last part!! sounds like our Kelsey!!
Post a Comment