Monday, August 22, 2011

A downward spiral

Well, I guess that title's a bit of an exaggeration, but that's what it's been around here the last two weeks... total drama...total chaos.  For everyone! Mama working has rocked everyone's world a bit (some of us more than others).  Clara loves her sitter--HUGE bonus, but cries, "no bye bye mama" when I leave which makes me feel like crap!  Cade loves everything, except this one boy in his class who shall remain nameless. He's just got to learn that just because your mom works at the school, it doesn't mean that you OWN it! Cora likes kindergarten if you ask her in the morning, but hates it if you ask her in the afternoon.  She's totally worn out by the day's end.  She says she has " no friends and walks around the playground all by herself everyday.  It's too hard and all they do is work, work, work and the one friend she did make rejected her on the playground yesterday when she asked her to play".  I'm sure it's not as dramatic bad as she makes it sound, but nonetheless I feel like a total heel for having to move her away from her friends.  I do get to see both Cora and Cade like a trillion times a day so that makes it all worth it!    And me, well, I love my class.  They are super cute and I would love the challenge of a new grade level if I didn't have 3 young kiddos at home.  I'm working every minute my kids are sleeping and trying not to when they're awake.  I haven't yet figured out how to squeeze exercise into my 18 hour days and before bed I have to read "Ghost Cadet" a 5th grade chapter book to stay ahead of the class instead of indulging in "The Real Housewives of New Jersey."  But I'm not complaining... It just feels a bit like I've been thrown overboard an ocean liner into icy waters with no life jacket.  I'm just trying to stay afloat and praying that I can get back on board before the sharks smell the blood!

I'd post pictures, but I haven't taken any since the first day of school.  soon. i. will...

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Hang in there, girlfriend. It will get better. I love you and am so glad I get to teach with you. SCPS is a better place with you there. This post made me sad. =(

jamie said...

You've got this girl... if no one's told you lately, you ARE Wonderwoman. You're a GREAT role model for your kids, and just think how good you'll sleep come Christmas break lol! Ghost Cadet? That's a new one. Thank goodness those 5th graders are too self absorbed to notice if you freak out a little. ;)
Do me a favor, will ya? Make sure you teach those kids to take notes and ANALYZE what they read... it was quite a shocker when we hit 6th grade without these skills.
Go get 'em girl!