Saturday, July 9, 2011

Indiana!

We made a whirlwind trip to Indiana last week! We even got to stop in Atlanta on our way there and our way back and see Abuela and Abuelo (we love having the option to break up that long drive!) We had a great time as we do every summer! I'm always reminded of the things I love best about Indiana, all of which are human! Not only did we see Gran, Pop, Great Grandma, Great Grandpa, and my aunt and uncle, but also LOTS of high school friends and their precious kiddos! The old girl scout song is true. "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, and the other GOLD! Thanks for a great trip everyone!!!


All decked out in our red, white, and blue for a July 3rd fireworks rain out! :(

Clara was bummed, but we didn't let that stop our fun!

Luckily we stopped in Tennessee (the firework capital of North America) at Big Daddy's Fireworks and these two pyro maniac's loaded up on some fireworks of our own! I don't know which of these boys was more excited about this???

Cora got in on some sparkler fun!

But Clara looked like this the whole time and after the machine gun sounding firecrackers I had to take her in for an upstairs window view of the rest of the show! not-a-fan!

Then we got to see LOTS of friends from all different places and of all different sizes!!!!

could there possibly be a cuter line up?

2 of my 3 "GOLDEN" friends! That doesn't mean we're old, just very valuable! (Jill, we didn't get a pic! )
Then a marshmallow roast with lots more boy friends! Cora didn't mind being outnumbered at all. In fact, I think she kinda liked it! ;)

And this was perhaps the accomplishment of the week!!! My very scaredy cat girl JUMPED OFF THE DIVING BOARD OVER 1000 TIMES!!! Next year's goal is to lose the floaties!

3 comments:

Gran said...

What a fun week we had!

megan, davis, sydney and hadley said...

Not quite sure how to feel about being "golden" but I am sure am glad to have had you in my life for so long. It was so fun to see you guys!

erik and kristi said...

What a fun day! Miss you already...