On July 10, 2006 God gave me one of the best blessings He can ever give. He gave me you. You weighed in at 8lbs. 7oz. and the minute I held you, I knew I was changed forever!

I loved being your mommy and I couldn't wait to teach you lots of things! Little did I know, you'd teach me just as much!

That first year, you taught me about unconditional love and the blessing of a daughter, and a sister.

You taught me that we can't take ourselves too seriously.
And that you really can have your cake and eat it too! That second year you taught me,

that life can sometimes be a bummer! A really, really HUGE bummer! And that watching someone you love hurt, is worse than hurting myself.
But if we smile, and stick together, and trust the God who created us, we'll get through it one way or another!
That third year you taught me about perseverance, strength, and humility.
You taught me that's it's OK to not have it all together all the time!
And to just stick with people who love and support you!
That fourth year you taught me about toughness, spunk, and self confidence. Hold your head high and be proud, no matter what!!!

You also taught me about giving back and loving others!
We can't wait to see what you'll teach us this fifth year! Happy Birthday!
7 comments:
I have big ole tears now. That was absolutely beautiful, Mandy. Big hugs to you and Cora (and Rob, Cade & Clara, too!)
Happy Birthday Cora, We love you bunches! You will finally know how much your mom & dad love you when you have a child of your own! Those were beautiful, heartfelt words you wrote Mandy!
happy birthday big girl - and beautiful writing, Mommy :)
Oh Mandy, this is a beautiful testimony to your miracle daughter. Thank you thank you thank you!
:)
~J
What a fabulous day and what a fabulous girl. Happy Birthday, sweet Cora, and many, many more. We are so glad to have all of you in our lives :)
Great words, Mandy! And happy birthday to a strong, big girl!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog - I've got tears reading it now too! I feel so blessed to get to share a tiny small part in her life - she is a blessing to so many. Happy Birthday, Cora! We love you. The Slaughters
Post a Comment