Saturday, July 30, 2011

Camping Joisey style!

Rob's parents have a stationary "trailer" at a really nice camp ground in Cape May, New Jersey. Minutes from the Jersey Shore. When they used to live in PA we went up there every summer. It's for sale and has been sitting empty for a year and a half so we decided to take a 9 day adventure up there! I never want to relive that road trip as Clara HATED her car seat for the entire 13 hour trip, but the vacation was AWESOME! It really is the best trip we take every time we do it! The kids love the beach and all of the water parks and amusement parks on the piers. We love the weather that's usually a bit cooler. Until I went to the shore the first time my only beach vacations were to Florida, Alabama, and the Carolinas. I MUCH prefer this!!! Who knew we'd love Jersey so much! It's a vacation I would highly recommend to anyone with children! And this mack daddy trailer is the only way I can camp for 8 nights! It is well equipped with cable, ac, full bath, bedrooms, a full kitchen and a sun room I'd love to have on my house! We had a BALL! HUGE thanks for Abuela and Abuelo for being kind enough to loan it to us for the week!

The prize we were thankful we didn't win!

The boys riding the sea serpent!

Mommy coaxed reluctant Cora onto a small roller coaster. Her face did not look like this afterwards! It was her first and last roller coaster.

bottom's up!

Cade the daredevil will ride anything. After he and I rode this coaster he said, "take a picture of this entire roller coaster so that you can see that it goes upside down twice and backwards and post it on facebook and the blog so that everyone will know what I did!"

cute sisters deciding what to ride next. The rides for small people like Clara were just Cora's speed too!

LOVE THESE FACES!!!!!


Clara's personality is a lot like Cade's. She wasn't afraid of anything. We even put her down a water slide by herself in a life jacket. When she is finished with anything she cries and says, "ride, ride!" A daredevil in the making!


Cora modeling one of the ten bathing suits she took.

sweet boy loves the beach!

She didn't even mind the ICE water! It was seriously 62%!

2 comments:

Tara Justice said...

cool vacation! I can't believe Cade rode that coaster - what a brave boy :)

jamie said...

Okay Mandy, there are SO many things I love about your photos!
Love Cora in her modeling pose, love the amusement park stuff (the scrapbooker in me EATS this stuff up) and love that you snagged a pic of all five of you together. Great post! ;)
(Do you scrapbook?)