Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's getting hairy around here!

My mom always tells stories about how when we were little my sister would sit down at my mom's vanity before school and when mom would ask, "how do you want your hair fixed today?" Lauren's response would be "well, I want a side ponytail over here like this, with this bow and then I want an upside down fish braid on this side that splits midway up my head into two french twists that form buns at the top." (or something like that). There was never a simple ponytail with Lauren and she was never happy with what mom did. Well, I wasn't surprised at all a few weeks ago when Lauren was over at our house telling Cora about a patient she had at work who tries out all of these fancy hairdos on her little girl and they are "so cute!" She even went as far as to sit at my computer and pull up the blog that this woman patient of hers uses for hair fixing tutorials! http://cute2tryhairdos.blogspot.com/ We all looked together with Lauren and Cora oohing and ahhing over all the dos! It was a little too pageanty for my taste. I'm very happy with a side pulled back with a bow or pig tails. (for Cora, not me). But of course then Lauren had to leave, and she left me with a little girl DYING for pageant hair! PRONTO! So we've been very busy this last month perfecting our hairdos. We just don't always agree on when we do or don't have time to try one. Cora gets very frustrated that her hair unlike the little Rapunzel's on the blog is not ten feet long limiting her to only a few of the million updo styles. So I'm no real braider. My braids are lumpy and bumpy and uneven because I don't even use a comb, but I'm improving! Check out the what we've been up to.

we call this one "the double side braids on top into side pony half back with bow"

And this is called "double knots on top and bottom into two side very messy messy buns"

I'm quite sure this is next.

"cindy lou who hair"

Stay tuned for many many more! In the meantime, this is the only hairdo Clara will hold still long enough for!

We call it "PJ bottoms on head! " :)

3 comments:

The Broeker Family said...

Oh no! I made the mistake of checking out that site with Hannah next to me!! She wants them all and I'm not even very good at a basic braid:) I'm a ponytail kind of gal!

Unknown said...

sorry, Jamie! ;0 good luck! I'm sure you're a fast learner!

Gran said...

Good job Mandy! You were always good at fixing hair-much better than me!. I love the underwear hair.