Every Friday night we make pizzas for dinner. Tonight they were extra yummy because I used garden tomatoes, parsley, and basil for the sauce. As you can see these yummies are already getting lots good use! :)
Friday, March 18, 2011
Fresh and yummy
A few years ago we planted a garden for the first time. It was a bit of a disaster. The deer ate everything except the cucumbers which we had so many of we were begging neighbors to take them. Each year our gardening skills have improved. We've figured out what grows well here and what doesn't. This year is going to be our best year yet! I LOVE having fresh fruit, veggies, and herbs in the back yard. We know they are chemical free and they taste extra good! This year we planted watermelon, tomatoes, green peppers, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, (grapes and blueberries take 3 years to produce fruit and our bushes are 3 years old, so we're keeping our fingers crossed for these two to produce this year) basil, italian parsley, cilantro, and mint. Cade wrote the words on the signs and Cora drew the pictures! So fun!




Every Friday night we make pizzas for dinner. Tonight they were extra yummy because I used garden tomatoes, parsley, and basil for the sauce. As you can see these yummies are already getting lots good use! :)
Every Friday night we make pizzas for dinner. Tonight they were extra yummy because I used garden tomatoes, parsley, and basil for the sauce. As you can see these yummies are already getting lots good use! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMYYYY!!! THAT is what I'm hoping for... I think we'll have to do pots though... we've got TERRIBLE ground moles :-( I really really hope it works. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh fruit and veggies :-)
Post a Comment