Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WE MADE IT!!!!!

I haven't posted about clinic visits recently cause they've been uneventful. To tell you the truth I've been a little frustrated because originally I was told Cora's treatment protocol would last 2 years and 2 months. That would be this month, January of 2011. Of course I'm holding you to that date once I'm told that! A few months ago at clinic I said to one of the doctors, "so we're almost done! January, right?" She looked at me strangely, looked at the chart and then said she thinks it was two years from delayed intensification phase. Which would make it late February. Then the next month I asked the nurse and a different doctor again just to be sure. They looked and said she wouldn't be finished until 80 days from Jan. 19th, that would be April. So I adjusted my thinking to "at least it's before summer!" BUT.....mama knows best! Yesterday I got a phone call from the clinical nurse who we don't see all that often stating that she needed to schedule Cora's LAST chemo through port and LP injection for next WEDNESDAY!!!!! I screamed right in her ear I was so thrilled! SO we go next Wednesday for a long visit. Then she takes her oral nightly meds until February 5th. and THAT IS IT!!! February 5th is the day! (it's also clara's first birthday...my 3rd child once again upstaged!) Can I get an Amen to that????
WOO HOO!!! You may find me dancing in the streets after I give Cora that last pill!!! Then all that's left will be port removal and her weekly preventative antibiotic until her counts are totally normal. Cora DOESN'T want to finish treatment because of the port removal. She says she just wants to keep her port. I want to keep it to...in a jar! Anyhow, originally we said there'd be a big party when she finishes. Well, we lied. Unless we do a pitch in dinner, that's not happening, BUT... there will be some sort of small celebration with lots of singing, dancing, and jumping up and down (from me at least!) So stay tuned for the excitement in the next few weeks!!!!! YAY, GOD! YAY, CORA! What a blessing!

3 comments:

erik and kristi said...

Rob, Mandy, Cade, Cora, and Clara- CONGRATULATIONS!!! Kisses to a supportive family and a very strong girl!! xoxoxo

megan, davis, sydney and hadley said...

Yay Manders! That is such great news! We are so happy that this incredibly long & challenging journey is finally almost over! You guys are all amazing :)

Jamie said...

YAY GOD YAY CORA!!! I am beyond ecstatic to hear this beautiful news Mandy! You are amazing. ;)