Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
SHE IS IN REMISSION!!! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! I tried all afternoon to get ahold of the doctor because I hadn't heard anything yet and was about to drive myself insane! He finally called at 5 and said the pathologist would have a formal report completed at 5:30 and he would call back at that time, but that things looked good! At 5:30 when he called he told me that according to the formal pathology report and the flowcytometry as of Monday (Day 14 of chemo)Cora is in remission! Remission is considered to be less than 5% cancer cells in the bone marrow. On top of that he said that not only is she in remission, but she has NO EVIDENCE of cancer in her bone marrow! That is even better news! He then turned around and reminded us that this in no way means that she is "cured." It doesn't change our 2.5 years of chemo and treatments, but if you have early remission, it usually equates with more positive results overall. We go back next Monday for chemo and the Monday after that will be her 28th day of induction chemo and another bone marrow check. At that point we will get the plan for the next phase of chemo. At this point our little warrior is extremely tired, lacks energy, and is unrecognizably swollen, BUT SHE HAS NO CANCER CELLS!!! I really truly feel like this is an answer to prayer and her remission is a result of a mixture of chemo, love, and support! No cancer at all feels like such a miracle to me! Thank you all from loving my baby back toward health! Much love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Mandy, this is just amazing! I am so excited for you all! God is so good! Thanks so much for posting so often... I check all the time for updates. What a wonderful surprise this time. We love you guys... give your sweet girl a hug from us!
-Katie and Addison :-)
HALLELUJAH!
HALLELUJAH!
HALLELUJAH!
keep up the strength, cora!!
Way to go, Cora! Rapid Early Responder! Mandy, we are glad to hear Cora got a good report. We are thinking of you often and praying for your family. We look forward to hearing you've got the "real" Cora back when you get a break from the dex. Getting through Induction is a big accomplishment. You are doing a great job. Take care of you and take it a day at a time.
Heather Gardner
Mandy I know I spoke with you earlier but reading your words brought tears to my eyes. It's amazing - no it's God! Just hearing this news has put me in such a good mood. I can imagine how you and Rob feel. We'll keep praying and she'll get better and better!
Remember, call me for anything.
May God continue to bless you and your family.
Chris, Stacie, Addison, Emma and Aiden New
YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!
Three cheers from Michigan!
If I knew a good way to send a blog hug I'd do it!
Way to go Cora!!
We are so excited for you all! Cora is such a strong little girl. What a blessing!!!!
Praise the Lord!!!! What fantastic news! We are so thankful!!!! We'll keep praying and trusting!
Jackie Wetmore
Way to go Cora!!! She is such a little warrior and so are you! Lots of love from the Watermans!
we are so so happy for you all!
This is the best Christmas present ever! I'm so thrilled for Cora and for all of you. Big blogging hugs from the Briottas!!
Mandy and Rob,
So happy to hear the positive news about Cora! Soon you'll get your little girl's sweet personality back again when she is feeling better and you all can go back to normal life again.
What a great gift for all of you!
We'll keep those prayers coming from Michigan!
Marilyn and Art
Post a Comment